Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Thursday 3 January 2013

A little shopping

I received the second half of my Christmas pressie from Hubby today...126 DMC threads :-D

I was so excited when hubby showed me a parcel when I got home from work this afternoon


I'm not looking forward to bobbinating all of these, especially as there is a further 25 to come. It's going to be wonderful to know I'll be able to start a project whenever I want and not have to order threads as I now have a complete set except for 321 which I've just run out of!! I did pop into my local sewing shop for it today as I need it for a project I've started to kit up, but they'd sold out! Whilst I was in there I did get one of their scrap packs for my hexagon quilt. I'm supposed to be on my buy nothing unnecessary for 101 days kick, but I failed miserably today as I brought a Thomas Tank Engine FQ too. I have an idea for it but who knows whether that will pan out. The scrap book had some gorgeous fabrics in it so they are all in my box ready to add to my quilt. I want to try and spend a couple of evenings a month on it otherwise it'll never grow but my fabric stash will.


I have a bit of a fun idea that I will try and fit the Theme-a-licious themes in with my quilting too. I think most of them could be fitted in. April and September might be a bit of a challenge, but I'm kind of thinking maybe hexagons that echo what projects I'm stitching that month.

I've had my date for the next round of the travelling box and April will soon be upon us so time to get my thinking cap on for that too.

Almost the weekend so have a good one and don't forget to take those decorations down.



8 comments:

  1. But surely they were all necessary purchases!!!!
    Lovely stuff, can't wait to see what you do with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! All of those lovely threads ^_^ Fab FQ too!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buys! I'm planning to go on a huge stash shopping spree soon, and I'm mentally preparing myself to spend that much money :P Can't wait to see how you're going to fit quilting in with the themes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohh lucky lady - I never seem to have the right number at the right time!!! I've had to move onto another project until I can get to the shop lol. Cant wait to see your makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's a lot of work, but it will be so worth it! It's always great to be able to grab what you need when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh I love all these threads!!! I so wish I could get my hands on these :P Lovely purchases too. I will definitively take the Christmas decoration down first thing tomorrow... That poor tree is so sad now, all the needles are still on but the branches are all droopy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great present! Did you get them from the place I recommended? I'd just stick them in bags though, I don't do the bobbins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely present , have fun winding them on bobbins!

    Ah, so that's where my DMC 321 went is it? You sneaked in whilst I wasn't looking...hmmmmmm. Hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)