Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Monday 18 November 2013

Steph's visit and birthday


Howdy friends, me again!

The lovely Steph from Show and Tell came up to the Woo to visit me last month - On her birthday too. I made her a couple of little Autumn themed presents. So you can see the garland of felted leaves and a little collection of buttons and a magnet.


I stitched Steph a biscornu, with an oak leaf and acorn design. When I picked the recommended colours out of my thread box i thought they looked rather dull but I'm glad I persevered as I love the colours now they are stitched. I used an orangey coloured vari thread to do the border for a little colour and finished it with an oak leaf button.


I'm rather pleased with this little chap, He was a lovely little thing to make and fairly easy (now I know how to do it!) I'm hoping to do a couple of Santa versions too as Christmas fast approches.


Steph and I popped into town and had a Costa coffee and a mooch in the sewing shop. I came away with just a few buttons, Steph came away with a little more!! I must admit I was quite surprised by my restraint as was the lady in who knows me by name (and spending habits!)

We came back to mine after collecting my Lottie from pre-school and Steph taught me to crochet a granny square - Oh yes I can crochet a Granny - I was over the moon as this was one of the main reasons I wanted to learn how to crochet. I will crochet an ami soon, probably after I've seen Steph or Laura next time!

Here is the Granny after day 1, I had to restart after Lottie took a pair of scissors to it as I was saying goodbye to Steph. I recall a similar thing involving a pair of scissors and my Hexagon quilt when Laura started me on that!




So that was my day with Steph. Next up for the blog is my picks from the travelling box. Have a good week folks. 

6 comments:

  1. Aww such sweet goodies .. So sweet
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goodies :) Sounds like you had a fab time with Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presents for Steph! And great start on your granny square. I'm glad you had a great visit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching and I love the little felt santa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fab pressies! And well done on the granny square, you'll be addicted now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! it was a lovely day ^_^ My pressies were incredible. The leaves hang across my book shelves looking pretty. I am glad you persevered with the biscornu too! It is beautiful.
    here's to another lovely visit one day ^_^
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)