Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Saturday 23 July 2016

Wipocalypse

Hey folks 

I'm a bit late with this month's wipocalypse post. It's been a crazy busy week as my eldest has left primary school today. We've had various leavers events this week so I've been dishing out drinks at the inflatables party on Wednesday, leavers disco and parents drinks in the pub last night and tonight we've had a family movie. We watched Ant Man, I did find some bits rather amusing but for the most it seemed rather predictable. 

Any hoo, back on to wipocalypse. I've not done a huge amount on the sampler this week with everything that's been going on but I did finish the butterflies. 


They were a cover kit from Crazy. I managed to squeeze a 4th butterfly on the fabric and my daughter picked greens for the final one. 

So on to next month's wipocalypse:

Olympic Stitching Challenge!

(Pinched from measi's blog) As we go into the July WIPocalypse, it’s time once again to start thinking about Olympic stitching plans. If you do want to participate in the Olympic Stitch-a-Long challenge, we’ll be running three mini “competitions,” and it’s up to you to decide how you want to approach it.  Hopefully one of these options appeals to you!

  1. a rotation challenge (for those who like to work on a bunch of different pieces)
  2. a distance challenge (for those one at a time stitchers, or anyone else who wants to do some serious focusing on a particular piece)
  3. a color challenge (stitch only in the colors of the olympic rings on your WIP pieces, OR… your nation’s flag).
So here are my plans:

Plum street sampler 12 days - finish days 5 to 8

That blimmin' winter biscornu - finish the thing!!

Bunny card - finish 

Blackwork seasons - finish summer and any more progress I can make. 



My plan is to do 3 days on 12 days and then rotate daily through the rest and then back to the start. Theoretically this will cover points 1 and 2. I love the idea of the Olympic Rings challenge - 12 days covers red and green, biscornu is stitched on blue fabric and of course black work covers the black! I've nothing yellow so I'll shoehorn something in somewhere! 

I might even pinch Jo's medal idea and award myself gold medals if I complete any of the above, plus bonus medals for anything I make significant progress on during that period if I reach my targets. 

This challenge runs 5th - 21st August so I shall carry on with the anchor sampler until the 5th and then see how things are doing. I've a few new kits in the basket calling me rather loudly...

Have a great weekend. 

Edited as didn't publish Friday night. 

8 comments:

  1. The butterflies look great, very summery.
    Good luck with your Olympic hopes, please do award medals, we can compete in the tables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your butterflies got finished. Interesting plans for the Olympics - will be watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely butterflies. How are you going to finish finish it?
    Good luck with the Olympic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty butterflies! I am doing a simple Olympic rotation and working on a different project each day. I will enjoy seeing your progress during the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the butterflies! Love your plans for the Olympics - good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely butterflies!
    Have fun with the Olympic challenge :)
    I love when they are on, perfect background on tv for stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterflies look great! I'm looking forward to your Olympic progress, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your butterflies, good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)