Welcome

As the song from Gilmore Girls says “So welcome to my little corner of the world”. It’s all about me and my crafting – focusing around my love for stitching and sewing along with anything else that catches my eye. So welcome, grab a coffee and happy reading.

Sunday 21 May 2017

Theme-Tas-Stitch May Link Up

Hello lovely stitching friends

It's been one of those weeks! DD has had a viral infection so had 4 days off school and spent almost a whole week crashed on the sofa watching endless Cbeebies. Shes's nearly back to her normal self. So throw in working (very slowly) from home and masses to do for college, it's been exhausting.

So on to Theme-Tas-Stitch. This month's theme was:



Monochrome May -
Choose a colour and stitch on your projects that contain that one colour.
So my take on this was to pick various projects and to chose one colour from it to stitch on with.
I didn't do masses as I got bitten by the MAYnia bug and I've done a different project every day. So here are my stitches...

I worked black thread on Maia Giraffes. But it is literally a black line so so not worth a photo and Blackwork seasons from Kincavel Krosses.


Green thread (470) on Days 10,11 and 12 of 12 days of Christmas from Plum Street Samplers.


and Green 3346 on Just Nan's Spring Frills.


I stitched gold on Blackwork Bird Song by DMC and added gold beads too.


I also did the gold knot on Celtic Bird by Textile Heritage. 


A bit of a shoehorn as I stitched 3 projects with variegated threads too... It all came from one skein so it counts right?!

May by Palko Lap stitched with Anchor 1345


I started the latest SAL from Lakeside Needlecraft - Tea and Cakes by Durene Jones.

I stitched one one 14ct Mulberry Aida using Dragon Floss New Arrival.


and a second version over 1 on 28ct antique white or cream evenweave using Anchor 1335.


So what Monochromatic marvels have you stitched? Here's the link up.


Next month is...
 Jardin June -
Venture outdoors and put some stitches in a piece that has a garden or floral theme.
I'm looking forward to this one, I have at least 4 projects that will work with this theme and my big plan is to finish the Anchor Traditional Sampler!!!!

Happy stitching friends 

13 comments:

  1. Once again, a very good theme for a busy and effective month. I admire a lot your Blackwork Bird Song, my favorite one. AmitiƩs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of gorgeous stitching here, my dear. I, too, love Celtic Black bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching Kerry.
    I do love the blackwork finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I failed miserably at Monochrome May! I was trying to catch up with some SALS and then like you started the Tea and Cakes SAL.
    I love your blackwork finish, one of the nicest I've seen with all the gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well, you stitched lots of colours too!
    I adore the over one version of the mini SAL, the colour is gorgeous and the mini-size is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your wips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely projects you work on Kerry.
    There are a lot of bugs about, hope DD is fully recovered

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love all your wips
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely WIPs! Love your take on the monochrome theme :o)
    Hope your little one is feeling better soon
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so lovely stitching. I will update the list with my little project soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects you were stitching on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did great with Monochrome May. The blackwork bird finish is lovely. Contrast of black and gold is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :-)